Monday, June 6, 2011

SENIOR MOMENTS

William and Lois Lowery 1944, Beaumont Texas
  
  Did I write you?

Just a line to say I’m living,
That I’m not among the dead.
That I’m getting more forgetful
And mixed up in the head.

For sometimes I can’t remember
When I stand at the foot of the stairs
If I must go up for something,
Or if I’ve just come down from there.

And before the fridge I stand so often
My poor mind is filled with doubt.
Have I just put food away
Or have come to take it out?

And at times when it is dark out
With my nite cap on my head,
I don’t know if I’m retiring
Or just got out of bed.

So if it’s my turn to write you,
There’s no need of getting sore,
I think that I have written
And I just don’t want to be a bore.

Just remember that I love you
And wish that you were near
But now it’s nearly mail time
So I must say “good bye” dear.

Here I stand beside the mail box
With my face so very red
‘stead of mailing you this letter,
I’ve just opened it instead.

Unknown:

     In going through the remains of my Mother’s old papers and pictures, I found this, I am sure it was provided? By my Father, As a Marine Engineer on a Tanker he had many hours to think, dream and tinker. I have missed him since he passed in 1968

No comments:

Post a Comment